|na ch'M'R Rinamma|
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Tal Diann Kaehhtai ih'Lloann'mhrahelai
(Tal Diann of Federation Alliance)
After many requests over a period of several months, the Praetor of the Tal'Diann has finally agreed to establish a fleet to work with the United Federation of Planets. Henceforth, we have two fleets:
- Tal'Diann, (currrently level 10 fleet) allied with the Orion Syndicate and the Klingon Empire
- Tal Diann, (currently level 0 fleet) allied with the United Federation of Planets.
The Fvillhu u'galae'Enriov of this Federation-allied fleet is G'essatra ir'Virinat t'Prell (the Fvillhu u'galae'Enriov of the KDF-allied fleet is Gessatra ir'Virinat t'Prell).
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
the Wedding of Gessatra t'Prell and Spasssky
|The Wedding of Gessatra t'prell and Spasssky Son of the Klingon Empire, Galactica t'Charvon officiating, Dhivael t'Kamemor as Maid of Honor, Kara as Flower Girl, T'holos as Best Man.|
|The Vows Are Spoken.|
|Gessatra t'Prell and Spasssky tr'Prell are narried! Let the forces of tyranny tremble! Two Free Hearts Beat As One!!!|
|Spasssky is welcomed to Houseclans s'Prell and s'Charvon.|
This music signalled the ceremony's commencement.
Formal Wedding Ritual
Tribal drums are played. As the Aide-de-Camp to the Mistress of the Houseclan begins the ceremony, everyone falls silent.
With green fire and grey steel did the gods forge the Free Heart. So firecely did it beat, so loud was the sound, that the gods cried out: „On this day we have brought forth the strongest heart in all the heavens. None can stand before it without trembling at its strength.“Spasssky steps up to the Hmnial of the hru'Hrirh and responds :
But then the Free Heart weakened, its steady rhythm faltered, and the gods said: „Why do you weaken so? We have made you the strongest in all of creation.“
And the heart said...
The Hmnial of the Houseclan Mistress continues:
And the gods knew that they had erred. So they went back to their forge und brought forth another heart.Gessatra t'Prell enters and joins Spasssky, facing him. The sword-bearer steps forward, and the couple each take a bat'leth from him. As the mistress tells all:
But the second heart beat stronger than the first, and the first was jealous of its power.Spasssky swings his bat'leth at t'Prell, but she parries and gets her blade up to his neck.
At that instant Gala t'Charvon reminds Gessatra ir'Virinat t'Prell:
Fortunately, the second heart was tempered by the wisdom and compassion of the Mother.And Gessatra replies:
If we join together, no force can stop us.Gessatra t'Prell takes her blade away from her groom's neck, and the two pull each other close, with their faces almost touching. The mistress continues:
And when the two hearts began to beat together, they filled the heavens with a terrible sound. For the first time, the gods knew fear. They tried to flee, but it was too late.
The Free Hearts destroyed the gods who created them and turnes the heavens to ashes. And the Mother wove their Freedom, Unity, and Passion into the stars forever. To this very day, no one can oppose the beating of two Free Hearts.
Spasssky, son of the Nneikha Klling'hann, does your heart beat only for this woman?The groom affirms:
Yes.The ceremony continues.
And will you swear to join with her and stand with her against all who would oppose you?He agrees again,
I do.and she continues, turning to the bride, asking the same questions:
Fvillhu Gessatra ir'Virinat, hru'Hfirh s'Prell, galae'Enriov t'Prell s'Tal'Diann Mol'Rihanai, hru'Phi'Tlarum Mol'Rihanai, G'iana t'Charvon, Fvillhu Thea, does your heart beat only for this man?Gessatra steps closer to Spasssky and says:
Yes.The ceremony continues.
And do you swear to join with him and stand with him against all who would oppose you?The bride nods in agreement:
I swear.and in conclusion Galactica t'Charvon, Hmnial of hru'Hfirh s'Prell, announces to all :
Then let all present here today know that this man and this woman are married.This ends the speaking of the vows. The tribal drums begin again as the couple kisses. Then the men who joined the groom in the four days path of clarity (similar to the Earth custom of the bachelor party) rush the platform carrying ma'Stakas to attack the newly married couple and instigate the traditional Klingon wedding congratulations, after the initial rush of which, the Hmnial of the hru'Hfirh says:
Welcome, Spasssky, to the Houseclans s'Prell and s'Charvon!
Sunday, June 1, 2014
Hdrael G-14 s'Tal'Diann
Starbase G-14 of the Tal'Diann
Jolan'tru, rhadai galaen s'Tal'Diann u'pinherein.
(Hello, people of the fleet of the Tal'Diann and guests.)
Inspired by the work of one of the fleets within the Federation's Starfleet (the 26th Fleet), the Tal'Diann has opened one of our starbases, Tal'Diann Starbase G-14, to personnel from other KDF-allied fleets of the New Romulan Republic, as well as personnel from the fleets of our allies in the KDF, for purposes of R&R, social interaction, resupplying vessels, medical treatment, and other activities which can be undertaken on the starbase.
Iurrhi'u hdraelevha s'Tal'Diann.
Come to the starbase of the Tal'Diann.
*~-._ Our public docking frequency is: _.-~*
Rules, Guidelines, and Customs:
All persons who come to Tal'Diann Starbase G-14 are within their rights to bear weapons openly (Romulan culture has traditionally engaged in the bearing of personal weapons even into situations which some other societies might regard as inappropriate for the bearing of weapons, such as diplomatic summits and the like).
(( OOC: Certain behaviors will not be tolerated on our starbase or in any other holding of our fleet. For the most part, the behaviors in question can be avoided by judicious use of common sense, courtesy, and discernment. A few examples follow:
- Public ERP ("Erotic Role Play") is not welcome aboard our starbase (this does not include romance or public displays of affection, which are completely acceptable, but is intended rather to refer to only the more explicit sorts of intimacy). We do not wish to rain on your parade nor promote puritanical or Victorian attitudes pertaining to wholly natural and healthy desires and behavior, so if you simply cannot resist the charms of another person or persons on the starbase, please first make sure that all involved are of legal age (for your own safety), and then take such activity to the ship of one of the persons involved, out of courtesy to others who may not wish to bear witness to it. Frankly, what you do privately, as long as it involves consenting adults only, is nobody's business but those involved, and we do not care to know what sorts of things you get up to in your private quarters. Hdrael G-14 s'Tal'Diann is neither a brothel nor an hourly-rate motel.
- Hate Speech and other demonstrations of bigotry are subject to a zero-tolerance policy, and no warning will be issued before ejection from the starbase and banning from the channel. Please do not test this; you WILL be ejected and banned, and reported to PWE Staff.
- While "colorful language" (what some call "profanity") is not prohibited, please avoid excessive use of such.
- Harassment of any kind is prohibited. Harassment is defined as specifically targeting another player, or group of players, to harm or inconvenience them. As harassment can take many forms, it will be the mandate of the personnel of the High Command of the Tal'Diann to make a determination as to whether or not a 'reasonable person' would feel harassed and act accordingly.
- Use of disco balls and/or unmelting snowballs against players engaged in the Nerve Tonic Dance will be regarded as a form of harassment, and dealt with accordingly.
In most cases, a warning will be given before any other action is taken against anyone (although there are exceptions such as the use of hate speech, for which we have a zero-tolerance policy, as noted above). We will make every effort to maintain a safe haven for RPers, and I have every confidence in the personnel of our Fleet High Command to be successful at this endeavor. Should any visitor to our starbase feel that they have been subjected to unwanted behavior, please contact any member of our fleet High Command (see below for the High Command Roster) via PM or in-game mail. ))
One (and only one) chair near the hearth in the starbase bar is reserved for the galae'Enriov, and if you sit there, you will be asked to move, whether the galae'Enriov be present on the starbase at the time or not. Fleet personnel can inform visitors of which chair this is, if this seating chart be not clear enough. In addition, certain officers of Tal'Diann High Command are entitled to certain other chairs near the hearth when they are present on the starbase (as indicated in the same seating chart). They are within their rights to occupy those chairs at will, because they have earned such an honor. Please respect our customs in this matter, and surrender your chair should one of these officers request that you do so.
We also stipulate the following terms and restrictions:
- Eibhulir (Tribbles), although permitted on Starbase G-14, are to be kept away from any and all food and/or drink (failure to comply with this stipulation will be regarded as eco-terrorism, and guilty parties will be thrown in the starbase brig awaiting Courts-Martial under a Tribunal of Tal'Diann High Command personnel), and must be kept well away from our Klling'hann personnel and guests.
- Abuse of our public docking frequency ((spamming etc.)) will result in being banned from the channel.
- Use of the Rihan language on the starbase, while not required, is welcome and encouraged.
- As a fleet of the New Romulan Republic, our personnel will take a dim view of Romulan Star Empire loyalists and sympathizers (if their allegiance be known prior to, or be made known during, docking requests, they will not be invited to the starbase; if their allegiance should become known after gaining access to the starbase, they will be asked to leave, and refusal to comply will result in forcible ejection from the starbase).
- Tal'Shiar personnel may be shot on sight (will not be invited to the starbase if their affiliation with the Tal'Shiar be made known prior to, or during, docking requests, they will not be invited to the starbase, and if their affiliation with the Tal'Shiar should become known after docking, the probability of them being executed without trial ((unceremoniously ejected from the starbase)) by any Officer, member of Command, or member of High Command of the Tal'Diann is near 100%); you have been warned.
For the universal rules of the Open Starbase Project, please consult this briefing.
Current Active-Duty Personnel of the Tal'Diann High Command:
Current Officers of the High Command of the Tal'Diann on active duty are:
(Fleet High Command)
- Gessatra ir'Virinat t'Prell (( Gessatra ir'Virinat t'Prell ))
- Amon tr'Xiomek tr'Aegis (hru'Hdraelai G-14, or Chief of Starbase G-14) (( Amon ))
- Anthia D'ahr (( Anthia D'ahr ))
- Arrehae ir'Mhiessan t'Kramdranel Sahull (hru'Emaehaen Akhoiin, or Chief of the Dilithium Mine) (( Arrehae ))
- D'Galan tr'Rehu (hru'Aollai, or Chief of the Spire) (( D'Galan ))
- Dhivael i'Ra'tleihfi t'Kamemor (hru'Gohhaien ih'Faehhten, or Chief of Covert Operations) (Dhivael i'Ratleihfi t'Kamemor)
- Galactica Val'danadex Trel t'Charvon (Hmnial, or Aide-de-Camp, which is to say, Gessatra's Personal Aide and therefore Second-in-Command of the Tal'Diann) (( Hmnial Galactica t'Charvon ))
- Gessa G'ian "the Succuba" (Auethnen u'Lehrei Orhyhon, or Orion Advisor and Representative) (( Gessa Succuba ))
- Lilithene ir'Virinat t'Kianna (( Lilithene ir'Virinat t'Kianna ))
- Shi'Rawl (( Shi'Rawl ))
- Spasssky (hru'Khfin u'Khoilmnriir Hwyejhaien, or Chief of Headquarters and Commandant of Holdings; Third-in-Command of the Tal'Diann) (( Spasssky ))
- T'holos Ch'Maktai (hru'Dhenom, or Chief of Security) ((T'holos))
For Further Reference:
Some additional information is available in this briefing and in this listing.
Thiich'u Khreh'dhhokh Mol'Rihan u'Mol'Rihannsu!
(Long live the New Romulan Republic and the New Romulans!)
(Long live the New Romulan Republic and the New Romulans!)
Ahr'lleiset na mnhei'sahe hachaen lamne'elh s'Rihan u's'Havran.
The central mnhei'sahe (ruling passion) of the collective Romulan and Reman psyche is freedom.
The central mnhei'sahe (ruling passion) of the collective Romulan and Reman psyche is freedom.
Thursday, May 22, 2014
Gessatra ir'Virinat t'Prell: The Fleet Meeting is starting now. First of all, I would like to express my gratitude and pride to the members of the fleet who have done so much recently to fulfill the requirements of the Fleet Holding Projects, and thank you again for holding down the fort while I was indisposed due to illness. We have come a long way since we were reorganized under the Republic less than a year ago, and surpassed many older fleets. There is yet some distance to go, of course, and I trust that I may rely upon your continued devotion to our fleet and its causes.
Arrehae ir'Mhiessan t'Kramdranel Sahull: No doubt there are other fleets who have more reputation, more progress together, more interaction, but those will not compel me to seek them out instead.
Gessatra ir'Virinat t'Prell: As to the matter of recent astropolitical events, our allied powers are no longer in open war with one another, and this can only bode well for the future, especially in light of our many common foes, and those yet to make themselves known. I would urge everyone to remember that although this fleet is specifically allied with the Orion Syndicate and the Klingon Empire, the Federation is also the ally of the New Republic, and to be considerate when interacting with Starfleet personnel. They are not all honorless targs.
Arrehae ir'Mhiessan t'Kramdranel Sahull: Agreed, with the accursed Undine and the Iconians' continued threat, the Empire and the Federation may renew the Khitomer Accords again. Considering the last time they were renewed, our unity defeated the Dominion from conquering the galaxy.
Galactica Val'danadex Trel t'Charvon: *nods in agreement*
Gessatra ir'Virinat t'Prell: I would like to see a new accord which includes our Republic as well, but these are matters we must leave to the civilian authorities. I do advise D'Tan, but he is also my Commander, and he does not take orders from me. For now, what we do as the Tal'Diann is largely military in nature, although it has implications for civil matters as well. In particular, the Military Intelligence aspects of the Tal'Diann involve a four-part process.
Arrehae ir'Mhiessan t'Kramdranel Sahull: Please explain, Admiral.
Gessatra ir'Virinat t'Prell: The first phase of the process is Collection of Information. This is not "intelligence" until the second phase of the process, known as Analysis. The field agent gathers information and reports it, and then the analyst examines the information in light of other information, in connection with the reliability of the agent or asset, and looks for confirmation. Unrelated information may also be used in Analysis, because it can often have hidden implications which bear on the information which has been gathered. Once the Collection and Analysis are done, the next phase is Packaging. This is where the intelligence is prepared for delivery to specific audiences, with a mind as to how best to present the intel to them in an effective manner. To be more ... precise, Following the first two phases, critical vulnerabilities are then indexed in a way that makes them easily available to advisors and line intelligence personnel who package this information for policy-makers and war-fighters. Vulnerabilities are usually indexed by the nation and military unit, with a list of possible attack methods. It is in this phase where we have been ... dragging our feet, so to speak. Packaging threats and vulnerabilities for decision makers is a crucial part of Military Intelligence. A good intelligence officer will stay very close to the policy maker or war fighter, to anticipate their information requirements, and tailor the information needed.
Arrehae ir'Mhiessan t'Kramdranel Sahull: What you say is true, Admiral. I often see this in ground missions with the STF. It disappoints me to see those who rush into battle without any plans nor intelligence gathered.
Gessatra ir'Virinat t'Prell: We have been gathering info and analyzing it to make intel, but Packaging has been weak. There are vulnerabilities to which the Undine are particularly susceptible, and not merely through the use of biomolecular weapons. Other methods of attack and defense need also be considered, particularly in connection with attacks on their planetkiller shipyards, due to the globules of viscous material which can impede our ships' movements and so on.
Arrehae ir'Mhiessan t'Kramdranel Sahull: There's an Earth term for such behavior based on a 21st century figure known as "Leroy Jenkins," who was notorious for rushing into a battle recklessly, which resulted in defeat for him and his entire team.
Gessatra ir'Virinat t'Prell: Ah, yes, I am familiar with that foolhardy warrior.
Arrehae ir'Mhiessan t'Kramdranel Sahull: More fool than warrior.
Gessatra ir'Virinat t'Prell: Portals in the Fluidic Space also seem to be able to drain ship energies and shields. We need to identify effective means of countering these things, and we must package our findings for Kererek and Obisek, that they may pass them on to their fleets.
Galactica Val'danadex Trel t'Charvon: The rifts they open are particularly troublesome.
Gessatra ir'Virinat t'Prell: The final phase of the Military Intelligence process is known as Dissemination, in which the processed intelligence is distributed through database systems, intel bulletins, and briefings to the different decision makers. We have been doing this, but with less than ideal Packaging, so that some of our findings have not been emphasized sufficiently to make the necessary impact on the policy makers.
Gessatra ir'Virinat t'Prell: While we are Military Intelligence, we are also Military Criminal Investigative Services, Internal Affairs, and Military Police. Security is thus an important consideration. I would like to recruit more Reman Shadowguards to assist with this, in particular as relating to Undine imposters, whom the Reman Shadowguards would be more likely to detect through their Psionic talents and disciplines.
Arrehae ir'Mhiessan t'Kramdranel Sahull: I am pleased you mentioned the Remans, Admiral. I shall be undertaking a mission to recruit one.
Gessatra ir'Virinat t'Prell: We shall also begin monitoring traffic and communications on ch'Mol'Rihan and in the Mol'Rihan system, in real time, to scan for possible threats and identify additional sources of information who might be useful to our mission and causes. Some of those might be amenable to being recruited. There are other aspects of what we do, the Tactical, the Scientific Research and Development, the Temporal Sciences Division, the Medical Research, Engineering and Operations, but these are going along well enough at the moment and need no adjustments. We should however be aware that the Military Intel aspects, and the Security aspects, have effects on at least some of these other activities. That is all I have for this meeting. Does anyone have anything else to offer for the good of the Tal'Diann and the New Romulan Republic?
[remainder of meeting minutes redacted due to security concerns]
Wednesday, May 7, 2014
TalDiann.Rihannsu.org now redirects to this site. Many thanks to D'Galan for this, and for his dedication to our fleet and the Rihan language.